Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year from Peanut!

This was our early Christmas present this year, another ultrasound! The one advantage to having Gestational Diabetes are the extra growth ultrasounds. We fell in love with our little Peanut even more after this ultrasound. She's fattened up so much since the 20wk ultrasound, and she is looking even more and more cute if I do say so myself! The final result of the ultrasound is that our little Peanut is right smack dab between the 50th and 95th percentile for growth, after asking my midwife some questions I found out that this means that she is perfectly NORMAL. This is a huge sigh of relief. So as of right now my GD has not caused our sweet little Peanut to be a huge baby. Let's hope she stays that way!




So since we know that Peanut is perfectly average sized right now, and I am 30 weeks (!!!!!) pregnant. Peanut is now the size of a squash!


It's hard to believe that I have a little tiny human growing inside of me that could potentially weigh just over 3 pounds! Craziness I tell you. She's moving around like crazy now, especially first thing in the morning when Andre and I eat breakfast together, and then again later at night when I'm relaxing after Andre has gone to bed. Last night I even felt what was unmistakably either a foot or a knee. What I do know for sure is that it was sharp and hard!


Otherwise I have been feeling really good. The odd ache and pain in my hips and low back. Some swelling in my ankles, but I am on my feet most of the day at work, so that's unavoidable. The belly is steadily getting bigger, and about three weeks ago I really started to feel pregnant, especially when getting into bed at night, I joke with Andre I need a crane! To give you an idea of how I look now here is a self-portrait I took of myself in Peanuts room. Don't get too excited though, we haven't started to decorate, so it's just a yellow room.


So without further ado I will end this blog entry with a picture of the the belly (and me) at 30 weeks:


No comments:

Post a Comment