Monday, May 16, 2011

Mothers Day

This year was a day that I have been looking forward to for such a long time. Last year I threw myself into throwing a BBQ for my family to try and keep my mind off what day it was. It was yet another month of failed fertility treatments, and I couldn't bear the thought of being at church and seeing all the families together, so I stayed home and prepared for company.

This year I woke up and dressed my little girl up in her prettiest little party dress so we could celebrate together with my mom at church. This year it felt very important that I be there. I have so much to be thankful for.

Emilie and mommy all ready for church
This year we had family over again for a BBQ. This year the weather even co-operated and we could eat outside. We all had such a great time laughing and joking over dinner. Andre got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a card along with a gift certificate for a pedicure, so my tootsies can get ready for sandal season! Andre even got me a card from Emilie and wrote such a sweet little message inside. It still brings tears to my eyes thinking of that card.

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment